Here is a small list of Things To Do Around Bridford, within Dartmoor National Park, high up in the beautiful Teign Valley. Only 9 miles from Exeter or Newton Abbot, we're rural yet accessible. Of course once you have finished your activities pop in to the Bridford Inn for some light refreshment.
- Nine Walks- around Bridford that are ideal for families, most taking less than one and a half hours. It is easy to combine walks for those more serious walkers. Details of each walk, along with a brief description can be found in a booklet at the bar. Walking Around Bridford Devon - The AA Walks Teign Valley Devon
- Steps Bridge - we are halfway around the circular walk taking in Steps Bridge just past Dunsford so ideally placed for a refreshment/lunch break before continuing your walk. Steps Bridge Devon Wildlife Trust
- Dartmoor- Dartmoor is one of England's last un-spoilt wildernesses and walking is one of the best ways to discover and experience its beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage interest. Views are magnificent and there are some well known official trails such as the Two Moors Way and The Dartmoor Way nearby - check out the following websites: Visting Dartmoor - Dartmoor Walks - Best Walks - Discover Dartmoor
- Reserviors - Just five minutes from the pub you will find the beautiful Kennick, Trenchford & Tottiford reservoirs with a number of fabulous walks for all abilities. Divine Dartmoor Walks have an excellent descriptive walk you can follow around the East Dartmoor reservoirs.
- Haldon Forest Park - 3,500 acres of woodland just ten minutes from the pub with cycle trails, walks and play areas for all the family.
- Canonteign falls - Excellent area for walks with Englands largest waterfall.
- With over 500 miles of paths and 200 square miles of open moorland close by, we are sure there are plenty of tracks to suit all abilities. The Dartmoor National Park Authority has produced a Dartmoor National Park cycling leaflet. Also check out the following websites: Devon Cycle Routes - Dartmoor Cycle Routes
- Open moorland, woodland trails, and bridleways make this a wonderful place for riding. There are many first-class stables close by - for a full list see the Discover Dartmoor website
- If off-roading or trail biking is more your style, check out the local lanes and tracks via these links. Devon Green Lane - By Ways Map UK
- Dartmoor has eight reservoir lakes, all open to fishing, the closest to us being Kennick, Tottiford & Trenchford, Devon, map ref: LR191, 812830, 805825, 812830. For more details see SW Lakes Trust
- River Fishing - Brown trout, sea trout and salmon can be fished from the upper reaches of the River Teign in the Dartmoor National Park. The Upper Teign Fishing Association offers many miles of fishing on a wonderful variety of river within minutes of the pub.
Dartmoor Clay Pigeon Shooting
- The Bridford Inn is delighted to work in association with the Teign Valley Trappers 07747 634509 / 01626 854451 or steve -at- teignvalleytrappers -dot- co -dot- uk.
Come for an excellent day's sport in the beautiful Teign Valley near Exeter. Experience clay pigeon shooting as it should be, our aim is to simulate a pheasant shoot as closely as possible, except that we can shoot ALL the year round!
Typically Teign Valley Trappers meet at the Bridford Inn for breakfast and coffee, the shoot brief etc. Then four wheel drive transport is laid on, or use your own to get to the Dartmoor clay pigeon shooting drive location.
There are usually four drives in different locations (within walking distance) and plenty of clays. Whether you're an experienced shot or a complete novice you will find some interesting shooting. Drives include high birds, left to right, right to left, flushing and Teal.
Normally customers provide their own guns and cartridges although spare guns can be provided on the day if necessary.
Cartridges must be fibre wad as we are shooting on working farmland and additional cartridges are always available.
Afterwards we retire back to the pub for an excellent Bridford Inn lunch.
Price on enquiry, based on numbers participating. Corporate enquiries, stag and hen parties welcome.
Suitable accommodation can be arranged if required.
Please bring appropriate clothing and footwear for a day in the countryside.
- Information on local activities, GP surgery, taxis, clubs, church, local history and more. Bridford Village Website - Or for details of Bridford Trust and our Church
- BBC Domesday Project - In 1986, 900 years after William the Conqueror’s original Domesday Book, the BBC published the Domesday Project. The project was probably the most ambitious attempt ever to capture the essence of life in the United Kingdom. Over a million people contributed to this digital snapshot of the country. BBC Domesday Book Bridford Village Devon